George C. Tagg, Jr.
As the CEO of GTC 360° Advisors, George C. Tagg, Jr. specializes in crafting unique business solutions and executing integrated campaigns for companies, causes, and governments. George is a licensed attorney with a master’s in international affairs and over 16 years’ experience in the U.S. Congress, Department of State, Department of Defense, and political campaigns.
He has advised senior members of Congress, Secretaries of State and Defense, foreign heads of state, and global CEOs on a variety of sensitive issues related to global economics, energy, politics, and security.
George has received multiple awards and commendations for developing strategic initiatives and solving complex problems for numerous U.S. government agencies, private companies, and foreign governments.
- Served in two Presidential Administrations under four Secretaries of Defense and State. Worked in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate
- Received several public service awards for developing and executing domestic and foreign policy strategies to engage hard-to-reach audiences and secure top national security objectives
- Obtained Presidential approval of a complex national security strategy to partner with Turkey on counter-ISIS efforts in Syria
- Triangulated Executive branch barriers to gain approval of the longest pending air permit application in U.S. history, allowing Norwegian Air to commence transatlantic flights to multiple U.S. cities
- Devised, built consensus, and launched an Executive branch-wide working group to counter Russian disinformation
- Employed targeted outreach to persuade multiple Congressional committees to remove obstacles against one of the longest natural gas projects in the world
- Managed strategic communications with Russia through coordinated execution and consistent messaging to de-conflict air and ground operations in Syria and avoid miscalculations that could spark a regional or global conflict
- Advisor to numerous gubernatorial, congressional, and presidential campaigns. Oversaw political campaign operations for six frontline congressional races and ran a successful voter outreach war room in a highly contested congressional race
- Led Executive branch planning, coordination, negotiations, and production of 21 strategic dialogue meetings with foreign governments, led by the Secretary of State and other senior officials
- Advised large corporations to successfully overcome consumer, market, and regulatory barriers
- Implemented surround sound campaigns for government and private sector clients to engage key audiences and decision makers
Prior to founding GTC 360° Advisors, George C. Tagg, Jr. served as the global lead for the Government + Public Sector practice at Hill + Knowlton Strategies, leading work with companies and governments around the world to provide strategic advice and tailor specific message to the right audiences.
George C. Tagg, Jr. is a licensed attorney with a master’s in international affairs and over 20 years’ experience in the U.S. Congress, Department of State, Department of Defense, and political campaigns. He has substantial expertise in global economics, energy, politics, and security, and he has received multiple public service awards and commendations for developing strategic initiatives and solving complex problems for numerous U.S. government agencies, private companies, and foreign governments. George also has demonstrated achievements in strategic advice, coalition building, teamwork, leadership, and implementation.
George served as a NATO Policy Advisor from 2017-2018 at the U.S. Department of State during the run-up to the 2018 NATO Summit in Brussels. From 2016-2017, he served in the Pentagon as Senior Advisor for Russia at the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy, focusing on Russia’s involvement in Syria and the broader Middle East. In this role, George managed highly sensitive strategic communications with Russia to de-conflict air and ground operations in Syria to ensure the safety of our troops. He received a DoD award for “exceptional dedication to developing national security policy” in planning the April 7, 2017, U.S. strike against the Asad regime in response to chemical attacks against Syrian civilians. George Tagg, Jr. also was a member of the U.S. negotiating team that secured a complex ceasefire with the Asad regime, Russia, Syrian opposition, and Jordan in Southwest Syria, which President Trump announced at the 2017 G-20 Summit.
Prior to his work at the Pentagon, George served as Special Assistant for Europe and Global Security for Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken. George also served as Political-Economic Officer at U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Regional Affairs Officer for the Caucasus at the Department of State, Foreign Policy and National Security Advisor to Congressman John Tanner, and assistant in the Office of the Secretary of the Senate. George also has worked on numerous gubernatorial, congressional, and presidential campaigns.
George C. Tagg, Jr. earned a Juris Doctor and Master of Arts in International Affairs from the American University in Washington, D.C., and he graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science-Honors.