As the Vice President of GTC 360° Advisors, Michael Choi brings over 15 years of professional experience in areas of creative, technical, and business direction for companies, organizations and governments. During his tenure, Michael has developed brands, managed campaigns, and has incubated tech-enabled solutions for various startups, nonprofits and Fortune 500 companies.
He has advised high growth startup founders, executives, and agencies on brand strategy, partnerships, business development, technology direction to achieve organizational goals and objectives including fundraising, M&As, and new market expansion.
Michael holds 4 patents in the areas of agriculture technology, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. He also holds a LEED certification as well as an FAA issued A&P license and performed scheduled routine maintenance on 747 and 767 aircraft fleets.
- Advised and co-produced an online curriculum on the topic of ‘Failed Cities, Fast Cities for Carl Schramm, an American economist, author, former President of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, and University Professor at Syracuse University for Apple iTunes University platform.
- Provided design support for the design proposal of Palace for His Majesty Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman for Bonner Design Consultancy led by Jay Bonner, Jean Marc Castera, and Marcus Baron.
- Advised Biber Architects, an internationally awarded and recognized architect firm on systems design for The USA Pavilion for Milan Expo 2015 on American Food 2.0: United to Feed the Planet, sparking a global conversation about the challenges in our global food system.
- Developed a national marketing campaign for MoviePass, a subscription-based movie ticketing service company, helped reach 3,000,000 subscribers from 20,000 subscribers in less than one year.
- Developed a cohesive visual direction and content marketing strategy for Nobu Restaurants, the world’s most recognized Japanese restaurant, with over 22 locations across the world for their social media and website.
- Developed a marketing campaign for the crime drama film, American Animals, written and directed by Bart Layton for their United States theatrical release following the film’s premiere at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival.
- Organized the launch of the IoT.ATL Challenge for the City of Atlanta and the Metro Atlanta Chamber to improve food resilience at home and abroad a first of its kind public and private partnership with Invest Atlanta, City of Atlanta, Georgia Power, Metro Atlanta Chamber, Atlanta Beltline, AGCO, AgLanta, and New City Properties.
- Advised Propel Center, an HBCU innovation hub backed by Apple, Southern Company, and Disney on its AgTech pillar to educate and foster entrepreneurship at all 101 HBCUs
- Led efforts in grant application development, management, and capturing of a $5,000,000 USDA-NRCS grant for Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities to deploy tech-enabled farms to tackle food insecurity, climate change, and racial injustice threats in 2022.
- Launched a $25,000,000 fund focused on empowering tech entrepreneurs from underserved backgrounds and who are creating solutions in Web2, Web3, and beyond.
Prior to joining GTC 360° Advisors, Michael Choi has spent over a decade innovating in the startup ecosystem, where he founded several design and technology companies. He also has developed brands, managed campaigns, and has incubated tech-enabled solutions for various startups, nonprofits and Fortune 500 companies across diverse industries.
Michael Choi has substantial experience in brand development, marketing, partnerships, business development, and leveraging emerging technologies to create new products and services, and his contributions have led to the success of the clients he served with several multi-million dollar funding rounds and exits, increase in revenue, and growth in total customer base.
Michael Choi attended Syracuse University for Film in Syracuse, NY and is a member of Theta Chi. He served as a consultant to NBC Universal, Bonobos, Nobu, TB12, The Orchard, MoviePass, Hilton, Wolfgang Puck, University Settlement, Eventus, Talos, ViewTrade, Broadway Technologies, MayStreet, Versana, among others.